The Trust/NAU Leadership Academy is a three-day conference at which participants learn about school-related legal risks from NAU faculty and Arizona’s foremost education attorneys. The Academy is held twice each year: June in Flagstaff, and October in Tubac.
In an effort to bring a portion of the Academy curriculum to Trust members, the Trust is also offering Academy-related webinars, interactive videos, and legal scenarios online. You can access specific items below.
Finally, to register for the next Leadership Academy, contact Pat Buchanan at Pat.Buchanan@nau.edu. And for upcoming Academy curriculum items, check the Trust Quick News email that is distributed on Tuesdays.
Recorded Webinars2019–2020 webinars:
- Webinar 1: Documentation for Discipline and Termination (November 2019)
- Webinar 2: Special Education Legal Updates and Tips to Reduce Liabilities (January 2020)
- Webinar 3: School Board Operations, March 19, 2020. Click here to register.
- Webinar 4: Student Hazing, April 16, 2020. Click here to register.
- November 2018: Workplace Harassment
- January 2019: Special Education Best Practices
- April 2019: Hazing
Interactive VideosComing spring of 2020
Scenario Series2018–2019 Scenario Series:
- November 2018: Athletics Scenario
- November 2018: Special Education Scenario
- February 2019: Athletics Hazing Scenario
- March 2019: FMLA Scenario